Welcome back to Family Vision Center! We want to update you on our measured re-opening and the steps we are taking to ensure we are doing everything possible to keep our patients and staff members safe.
With information on COVID-19 constantly evolving, Family Vision Center staff are doing our best to stay up-to-date on the latest information.
We ask for your patience as we begin to reschedule the previously cancelled appointments. For everyone’s continued safety, our processes and procedures have been altered and are subject to evolve with additional guidance from the CDC, governmental authorities and the American Optometry Association. This may result in longer wait times as we work to resume our regular operations.
We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols to ensure less foot traffic through our locations for the foreseeable future. Appointments will be decreased so we kindly ask you to please come to your scheduled appointment on time. Anyone picking up eyeglasses or picking out glasses with an outside doctor’s prescription will also need to schedule an appointment to do so.
What You Can Expect at Your Next Eye Appointment:
Before your appointment...
- Before coming we will be asking all patients questions assessing your travel, contacts and well-being.
- Please notify staff of any COVID-19 symptoms you may have been experiencing and if you have had any contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 within the past month.
At your visit...
- When you arrive for your appointment, please come to the door wearing your mask as you will be greeted by a staff member.
- Only the patient being treated will be permitted in the office. If the patient is younger than eighteen years old, one parent or caregiver can wait in the waiting room for them, with a mask on. Absolutely no other family members are allowed inside.
- The patient’s (and guardian) temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer. If the patient’s temperature is 100 degrees F or above, your appointment will be rescheduled for at least 14 days later.
- Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so if you are inside the office, please maintain at least 6-foot distance from any another person.
- You must bring your own mask if you are coming inside the office. Patients will be seated in every other chair in the treatment area to maintain social distancing.
- We will take the temperature of every team member, immediately upon arrival at work. If anyone’s temperature is above 100.4 degrees F, they will be sent home immediately.
- Family Vision staff members may be wearing PPE including masks, face shields, and gloves when interacting with you.
- All contact surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned after each patient.
We realize this is an uncertain time and we are doing all we can to keep our patients and staff healthy and safe. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Thank you for your cooperation and being a loyal patient!