With information on COVID-19 continually evolving, Family Vision Center staff are doing our best to stay up-to-date on the latest information to keep our patients and staff members safe.
If you have an outside doctor’s prescription OR if you are a Family Vision Center patient coming in to select eyeglasses, please know that there may be a wait. We cannot accommodate walk-ins for these appointments so that we remain in compliance with the rigorous safety protocols recommended by the CDC, governmental authorities, and the American Optometry Association.
Additionally, when you arrive, you must wear a mask and your temperature will be taken by one of our staff members. The only person permitted inside the center is the patient, unless the patient is a minor under the age of 18 in which we can only accept 1 adult with that 1 minor.
If we are at capacity in the office, we can take patients on first come, first serve basis. We may ask you to wait outside or in your car until it is safe to come inside.
Your cooperation with these guidelines is greatly appreciated as we want to ensure your safety as well as your complete satisfaction with your Family Vision Center visit. Please call us at Bridgeport: 203.333.2020 or Stratford: 203.377.2020 with any questions or if you need more information.
For everyone’s continued safety, our processes and procedures have been altered and are subject to evolve with additional guidance from the CDC, governmental authorities and the American Optometry Association.
We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols to ensure less foot traffic through our locations for the foreseeable future. Appointments will be decreased so we kindly ask you to please come to your scheduled appointment on time. Anyone picking up eyeglasses or picking out glasses with an outside doctor’s prescription will also need to schedule an appointment to do so.
What You Can Expect at Your Next Eye Appointment:
- Before coming we will be asking all patients questions assessing your travel, contacts and well-being.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please come to the door wearing your mask as you will be greeted by a staff member.
- Only the patient being treated will be permitted in the office. If the patient is younger than eighteen years old, one parent or caregiver can wait in the waiting room for them, with a mask on. Absolutely no other family members are allowed inside.
- The patient’s (and guardian) temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer. If the patient’s temperature is 100.4 degrees F or above, your appointment will be rescheduled for at least 14 days later.
- Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so if you are inside the office, please maintain at least 6-foot distance from any another person.
- You must bring your own mask if you are coming inside the office. Patients will be seated in every other chair in the treatment area to maintain social distancing.
- We will take the temperature of every team member, immediately upon arrival at work. If anyone’s temperature is above 100.4 degrees F, they will be sent home immediately.
- Family Vision staff members may be wearing PPE including masks, face shields, and gloves when interacting with you.
- All contact surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned after each patient.
If you have any questions, please call us at Bridgeport: 203.333.2020 or Stratford: 203.377.2020.
Thank you for your cooperation and being a loyal Family Vision Center patient!